Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Our New Nest

This is the week!  Thursday it's closing day and Friday we move into our new home.  We've been renting a house the last three months which has worked out really well.  It's a great house but it's time to say goodbye to this temporary arrangement.  Two moves in three months.  Clean, clean more [for showings and open houses], purge, pack, and unpack.  Save boxes and do it all over again.  I'm glad we travel light.  
In between packing boxes, I’m daydreaming about paint colors for our new nest.  I LOVE to paint.  I’m thinking of trying some new colors and choosing a palette of yellow, grayish blue, and green yellow [grelow?].   This will be considered at length.  I'm not sure, am I indecisive?  Some ideas...


The new place is pretty much void of color.  Wall color, that is.  There are, however, some avocado green bathroom fixtures.  Oh, yeah, baby. 

The apple wallpaper border in the kitchen is definitely out.  Not to worry, I have a lot of wallpaper removal experience.  Maybe a yellow kitchen in its place?  This is the third house we have bought in our nearly fourteen years of marriage.  It's also less of a fixer upper than the first two.  It's clean and well maintained which probably helps explain why the retro fixtures are still going strong.
 The things I like most about the new place.  Location.  Backyard.  Location.  Location.   

It's going to be great.  The Mr. & I and our three kiddos living life and making memories together within new walls. 
 

~Kate 

3 comments:

angie leverence said...

Kate, I love the grays. My new favorite color. Love also how you describe your kids in your "About Me" section. I love the meaning of names!

Anonymous said...

You're definitely on a good track with your paint ideas (in my opinion). I especially like the color in the bottom picture. I hope there are many house updates to follow!

Farm-Raised said...

Kate--Saw your comment on my blog about the laundry soap. I've been using it for the last two years and it works really well. It worked in our old washer, which was 30 years old(!), and it works in our brand new washer as well. Just be sure to use plain white vinegar as a fabric softener. I think it's great.

Btw--I'm obsessed with Apartment Therapy. And both my dining room and bedroom is gray!! :-) Happy moving day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...