Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Heart Wrenching

I love a great story and the book The Kite Runner I couldn't read fast enough.  It's a heart wrenching story of family, love, betrayal, regret, and redemption.
 Between the pages, the tears were falling off my cheeks.  It's the kind of book that makes you want to hug your children extra long and whisper "I love you" to your spouse even if they're sleeping. 

Addie saw a new pediatrician for a child well checkup today.  When I recounted small pieces of her story to the doctor with it's difficulties and the progress she's made, I'm reminded again it is an incredible story.  One year ago today, her adoption petition passed Ethiopian court and she became our legal daughter.

One day I will look her in the eyes and tell her the story.  I will tell her I loved her even before I met her.  I often look at her and think I could have missed this.  I could have missed her.
Oh, God, thank You, for giving her to us.  She has brought so much joy to our family. 

I love.  I want to love freely but it scares me.  The more I love the more I am aware of how very little I control.  I can't keep those I love safe.

~Kate 


"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one..." ~C.S. Lewis~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...