Thursday, February 16, 2012

Don't Be Thrifty

There was a time I told my husband not to bother buying me flowers.  They are just going to die, I remember saying.  I really was far too practical and thought it a waste.   
Then I changed my mind.  

Once I remember visiting my sister-in-law's [and brother's] home for a quick overnight.  I don't remember what was going on in my life but I was weary.  My sister-in-law had the guest room made up for me.  As I walked into the bedroom that evening, everything looked so pretty and inviting.  It was dimly lit and on the nightstand she had placed a handwritten goodnight note, with beautiful lettering, to me.  Next to the note she had set a mug filled with a hot drink.  It really dawned on me in that moment how beauty can minister to our tired, weary hearts.  Taking time, giving attention, being extravagant in our display can speak "I love you" to others.  Sometimes there are more important things than being practical.  

~Kate

1 comment:

pianogirl said...

Well said Kate!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...