Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sex and A Scrabble Game

Today was the day I told my daughter [Grace] about sex.  We've had some age appropriate preliminary conversations through the years but we took it up a level today.  I wanted to beat anyone else in telling her.  I succeeded.  I started by telling her I was going to let her know where babies come from and her response was "I already know".  "Babies come from heaven".  I assured her this is true.  I almost didn't want to enlighten her further after that answer. 

We read a book together, on learning about sex, as a starting point.  She was smiling when we started and smiling when we ended so I think it's sinking in ok.  Her comments were classic and at one point she said she wanted to take notes.  When we came to the word "sex" she said she'd already seen that word.  I asked where.  She said she saw that word played in a [extended] family Scrabble game.

2 comments:

gbmom said...

Would you share the book that you read with her?
~Sara

Kate said...

Where Do Babies Come From?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...