Friday, February 17, 2012

Learn and Grow

Every now and then, I see brief glimpses of my children where I see they have really grown.   
I notice something new or different.  From a distance, I saw Grace standing in the gym with her class of 3-5th grade girls and I realized she is growing.  She has friends that look like mini-teenagers.   This week she told me it’s time for her to start her “real life”.  She was basically telling me she’s ready to be older.

 
Jude is eagerly watching for his egg to hatch.  I can see in his eyes there is a question in his mind whether it’s a toy or a real animal.  He told me it will either be a crocodile or a lizard but he hopes it’s a lizard “because they don’t talk very much.”  He’s just a little freaked out about what it will reveal when it hatches.  He checks on it regularly but keeps his distance.

 
Addie baby is modeling a new swimsuit for us.  Her growth and progress is amazing.  


I know I don’t want them to stay here at these stages forever. 
With Addie, I remember what it was like to get the monthly reports of her measurements while she was in an orphanage 8,000 miles away.  Month after month, she didn’t gain any weight, didn’t grow and wasn’t reaching milestones.  I don’t want my children to stay babies.  I want them to learn and grow. I pray nothing would hold them back.

Right now, these are some of the enjoyable things of this phase, Addie is irresistible with her talking, Jude’s imagination makes me laugh out loud, and Grace’s voice reading to me is beyond sweet. 

~Kate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...