Monday, February 6, 2012

This Is Not the End

There was a horrific car accident involving nine teenage girls in our area on Saturday.  Three of the girls were killed and the other six injured.  Tonight our church is having an evening of music and prayer for the victims and their families.   As a parent, thinking about this loss, for these families, makes my chest so heavy.  Even to imagine getting the call, early in the morning, with the news of your child's death. 

It's too much.  God, help.  For so many who are suffering now, bring Your help.  
I pray people will find Your strength in their pain and most of all Your love and compassion. 

Suffering is one of the hardest things for me to understand and reconcile in my faith.  
But I know God is good.  He loves all He has made.  
I believe suffering breaks His heart too. 
"The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.  
The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all He has made."  (Psalm 145) 

 I believe there is a place where there will be no more suffering and no more pain.  Heaven will bring healing for all the loss, pain, and suffering we face in this earthly life.  This is not the end. 

~Kate


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...