Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Why I Love Thrifting

  • It's fun.  I love a home filled with unique things gathered over time.  Thrifting is a great way to find unique, unexpected things and items with history. 
  • It's green.  I enjoy finding old things and recreating and repurposing them. I like to find ways to avoid a mentality of consume and dispose.  Thifting is recycling at it's best.
  • It's frugal.  Simple. It's crazy inexpensive.
  • It makes me happy.  First, it feels like I'm stepping back in time.  And truly, there is a little old lady inside me.  Secondly, most thrifting supports charities.  
 When I am thrifting...
     there are some usual things I am always on the lookout for, including:
  1. Books [especially great classic children's books]
  2. Records
  3. Art and craft supplies
  4. Vintage fabrics  
  5. Tableware, dishes, mugs, decor'
  6. Baskets or [pretty] storage containers
My Recent finds...
  • Tote of 12 paintbrushes, paint tray and a couple dozen bottles of acrylic paint=$3.50.  [Great for the upcoming craft idea my sister sent me for Grace- Springtime Wreath.]

~Kate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finds thrifting! Where is your new stop?

Kate said...

Nearly all from The Salvation Army. The mirror I snagged at Goodwill.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...