Friday, March 9, 2012

We're Compatible

We’re in!  If you’ve wondered where I’ve been, I’ve been internet-less at the new home.  I am experiencing major withdrawal on that front and I’m eagerly awaiting connection this week.


We moved into the new place a week ago today on a rather wet, snowy day with the assistance of a half dozen strapping young [and not quite as young] men.  I’m so thankful to share life’s moments with friends.  A good moment, at the end of unloading the moving truck, was sitting around our kitchen table, our stuff piled high all around us, with two of the college age guys [Andy & Tony].  We polished off the last of the cookies.  

[Here we are on moving day morning- last photo at the swell old place.]

Week one at the new place was good.  I taped paint swatches to the living room wall and when my husband came home from work I had him sit on the couch and tell me his favorite of the [12] choices.  He so happened to narrow it down to my #1 pick.  We are so compatible.  Maybe not on the 1,400 levels of E-Harmony’s compatibility but we did pick the same paint color.  I kissed him after this…as if it was a major positive sign.

He also removed three unpleasant spindles and a shelf that were an ugly decorative barricade between the kitchen and living room.  The bottom half was a planter, complete with plants, which were growing up the spindles nearly reaching the ceiling. 

I love him for this.
  
~Kate

4 comments:

Tara Grahl said...

Glad to see the move went smooth ;) And yes the spindles needed to go lol

gbmom said...

I'm almost certain that he and Jude used these as light sabers after this:)
~Sara

Anna Maria said...

Yeah! You are in the new house. :) I've been thinking about you.

Also, glad to hear the compatibility story. You two renovators impress me.

I love you! Thanks for the coupons. They were super fun to open today and be suprised by. ;)

Anna

Andy Mueller said...

This is so exciting! I got mentioned! I still read your blog whenever I get the chance Kate! Keep writing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...