Friday, September 21, 2012

Help Wanted

According to my calculations, it's been nineteen years since my last legitimate job interview.  [Where I responded to an ad, initiated submitting my resume, and interviewed with someone who has never heard of me].  I've had a few interviews but I went in on the recommendation of someone the interviewer knew.  

Seems strange because this is the first time I've been without a "job" since I was 16.  

My work history went something like this...I interviewed for a job when I was 16.  
  • Hired at company #1.  Transferred in this company.  
  • My boss took me with him when he left company #1 for company #2
  • Was recruited from #2 company to my #3
  • Moved and was asked to fill in temporarily for job #4 where I worked 10 years 

Yesterday I had a job interview.  I parallel parked nearly perfectly which was a major confidence booster right before walking into the business.  I wore mostly black and my red shoes. 

I think it went well?  I was nervous on the inside but I remember one of my pilates pals advice to me..."fake it 'til you make it."  Seemed to apply here.  

The interviewer gave me one compliment.  He said I "exude professionalism".  I can fly on this compliment for a long time.  I don't know what he meant but I didn't ask and I'll go with it.  I think I like him for using the word "exude".  

Next week we'll see if I get called for interview #2.  




2 comments:

angie leverence said...

Good Luck Kate!

Kate said...

Thanks! Hoping to discover what's a good fit for me, now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...