Monday, September 17, 2012

10 Hours One Weekend

 *Warning: If you happen to believe painting wood is criminal then you're gonna hate what we've done. 


Before: 



After:



I wasn't feeling well the last few days with congestion, fatigue and body aches.  I googled 'body aches' and googling health issues never seems to be a good idea for me.  It'll make you wonder if perhaps you could have meningitis or muscle diseases.  A few nights ago I took a nighttime cold multi-symptom medicine which I'd never done before and don't think I will ever again.  It knocked me out so hard, I dreamed R rated dreams, drooled like a baby all over my pillow, and could not wake up the next morning.  True story. 

Anyways, back to the shelves...it actually was a project we did the last weekend of July.

It involved: 

1.  Buying new wood brackets [from Home Depot].  I got the idea here at Young House Love.  
2.  Sanding & then priming [with Zinsser primer] 
3.  Painting the cabinet & shelves [x3 coats of Behr's Popped Corn.  We bought a gallon for this project and another one we had in mind].
4.  Painting the back wall [pint of Benjamin Moore's Storm Cloud Gray]

[Spent about 10 hours on the project.  We bought the brackets with a gift card, had the primer on hand, purchased the paint.  Total cost under 50 bucks.]




3 comments:

Kristen Howerton said...

I love this!!

Kate said...

Thank you!

Mama J said...

Me again!! Can you tell I love any kind of home improvement project? This is beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...