Wednesday, February 13, 2013

6 months in: a confession

I must confess.  I bought a new pair of jeans.

Which is fine except for, you know, I'm on this year long fast from buying new clothes [more here].  

I made it six months so I'm thinking of a way to justify my purchase.  

Maybe it was my celebration purchase of making it half way.  

As for the shirt I bought?  Oh, yeah, I hadn't mentioned that yet.  It was my Valentine's Day gift to myself.  I'm feeling the love [for myself].  I was a little nervous after bagging it, as if I would get caught in the act.  It's a good thing I don't smoke or I might have been tempted to chain smoke right about then.  

I'm hoping due to the circumstances and the holiday...I get a "get out of jail free" pass.  

After falling off the wagon, I contemplated whether I should call off the fast at the 6 month mark but I am going to continue on.  

Wish me luck.  I always feel like shopping the most in the spring. 

This is the outfit.  Was it worth breaking the fast over?  I don't know but it sure is going to be nice having another pair of jeans in my closet that fit [I have 5 pair less then when my fast began...which means I don't have many!].    

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kate! You look awesome! If you were going to buy an outfit...this one was a great choice! Miss you all!

Farm-Raised said...

It's okay. It happens to the best of us. Plus, the outfit is really, really cute. Probably worth the inner struggle. :-)

Kate said...

Thanks! :) It's nice to hear from two stylish ladies like you two.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...