Wednesday, February 6, 2013

$20 in your pocket

I was over on Young House Love's blog and read about their $20 Thrift Store Challenge.  An invitation to thrift? I'm in.  


The 3 things they asked?

#1.  Go to thrift store with $20 in your pocket.  
#2.  Spend the $20 and photograph your spoils.
#3.  Find one item referenced in the song [btw, not mom-approved lyrics] and take a pic.  

It went down like this...



My score= the "EPIC desk".  I asked the Goodwill employee why it was labeled the "EPIC desk" and she said most likely the employees thought it deserved the name because it was so cool.  That made me feel even better about it.  


As for something from the song lyrics, I'm not sure what "gator shoes" are but I think these must come close.


"Gator shoes...are green"


I even tried them off for the full effect.  I could have asked an employee to take my picture for extra credit on the challenge but I didn't take it quite that far.  

I was a little distracted with the beauty I found in this.  I thought it would be great hanging as wall art.  I resisted and didn't look back.   



The desk, however, is safely at home in my son's [6yr.] bedroom. 



I'm going to go wash my hands one more time.  Good night! 



Linking up with Young House Love.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

Gorgeous desk! And I need that globe, please and thank you!

Farm-Raised said...

So fun!!! I need to so this!

Kate said...

Bethany, YES, I love globes! I actually bought the globe last night too but it put me over the $20 so I didn't mention it in my post. Did you link up with the YHL?

angie leverence said...

That desk IS epic!

Bethany said...

Kate, no. :( I wanted to, but I didn't get any pictures of my trip. I actually forgot about the challenge, but had coincidentally done a $14 magic Goodwill haul during that week anyway. I think I am just gonna start up posts in my practically unused blog and mix in Thrift Delights posts because I find some epic stuff. Even if it doesn't have "epic" written on the tag. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...