Saturday, February 16, 2013

Turn me on [Lights]

How do you say Happy Love [Valentine's] Day to your wife?   

I suppose there are many ways.  

Here at our casa it was dust and traces of pink insulation as my husband decided it was the perfect day to put in recessed lighting in the living room and entry.  

No sarcasm in my tone, as a practical person, I appreciate these gifts.  I must say there is something attractive about a husband hard at work, fixing things. 

Somewhere in the mumbling talk of red wire, black wire, white wire and multiple 3-way switches, he lost me.  He also liked to continue to repeat the phrase "in theory".  

The dust has settled, the snags have been ironed out and the living room is now lit.  He put the living room lights on a dimmer switch for ambience, so, I'm thinking there's romance there.  

We're also still getting along which is never a guarantee with home improvement projects.  

It was a sweet Valentine's Day.  We gave hand crafted love notes to the kiddos and each other. Vanilla cupcakes and milk were shared around the table before bed.  Last night we went to a Valentine's dinner at church.  We got 2 out of 10 possible points on the Newlywed Game, coming in last place of all the couples.  The only two questions we got right were ones we had a 50/50 chance of getting because the answer was either "him" or "her".  My conclusion: we just need to date more. Much more.  


2 comments:

Casey said...

LOL about this title ;)

Anonymous said...

I do not know whether it's just me or if everyone else experiencing issues with your blog. It appears as though some of the written text in your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them too? This could be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen before.

Appreciate it

My blog The Best Seo Company

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...