Monday, January 7, 2013

twenty thirteen

I'm not writing goals for this year.  I want to write goals so I can have a plan, so things are measurable, so I can feel like I've done a good job.  But enough of my constantly doing.  I'm taking the year off.  

This year I want fresh air.  I want deep cleansing breaths.  I need daily bread.  

I was thinking health as the word for this year.  I want to be healthy.  

I'm not thinking of a specific thing that needs healing.  Sometimes though, when we've had a previous injury, maybe it was a long time ago, yet because it hurt, we adapted, we compensated, maybe we picked up a new way of walking.  Or living.  But the pain is long gone and yet we're still walking with the limp.  It's become what we do.  
This year, I hope I leave behind the limps I've picked up along life's journeys and simply run.  

My prayer is that my lungs are filled with fresh air.  Physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally.  I'm asking for daily bread in every area of life.  I plan to feed my soul.  And come back again tomorrow to do it again.  Deep drinking from God, the source of my life.  [I printed this Bible reading plan, as a start.]

Breathe in life.  Exhale life.  So that I am truly living and welcoming life into everything around me.  Maybe I'll even be surprised at the end of the year that goals were reached in a free, flowing, surprisingly good way.  


2 comments:

Sara Jane said...

I too love to have measurable goals I can cross off. Last year I didn't accomplish many of my 2012 goals which was discouraging. I cut my goal list way down this year and am focusing on letting go and letting God be in control. Thank you for posting your reading plan, I've been trying to figure out what to do this year myself so I hope you don't mind if I print it off as well!

Kate said...

Sara, It's great that you can use the reading plan. I found it online so I am borrowing it too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...