Friday, July 27, 2012

Thrifting Haul

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I love thrifting.  I have only been out to the local spots a couple of times this summer.  Last night my daughter and I stopped in Goodwill and were quite giggly as we looked over the aisles and showed each other random and strange items. 

Our thrift haul last night included the items pictured below [which I combined with my most recent St. Vincent's (another thrift store) purchase]. 

Books for me [paid $0.25-$1.00 each]
 

Books for the kiddos [paid $0.35-$0.40 each] 

My husband was running an errand and snagged a 9 inch globe for a quarter at a garage sale in our neighborhood.  I've got a strong affinity for globes, so this made me smile.  I hope he brings more globes home because it spells love [to me].  This is probably my favorite of all the finds.  


Back to the giggles...so, I bought this whale.  My daughter thought I was joking but I wasn't.  It came home with us for $1.50.  Maybe the heat was getting to me.  My thoughts:  Remove numbers, fill hole, prime, paint, and hang on bathroom wall.  It's for the kids, you know. 

This image for makeover inspiration via 

Today and tomorrow St. Vincent's is having a 50% off sale on everything in the store so the prices listed below were especially low.  

  

Here's a few of the things I saw but left behind

"Breakfast set" of bowl, plate and mug= $0.75

Set of 5 canisters.  Brand was "Clay Art"= $10.50 

(Original price tags were still on- $29.99 for large size (x3) and $24.99 for smaller (x2).  

 
print of a rose [and other similar botanical prints] in quality frame and mats= $2


And a few more things I did buy:


Baskets for the girls' bedtime books = $0.75 each 


Heavy metal lamp base=$3.50.  [Plan to paint it an undetermined color.]  

Today I'm linking up with "share your thrift haul" at Simple Design


-Kate 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I have a thing for globes too...love it!

Anonymous said...

I always appreciate a great article or piece of writing. Thanks for the contribution.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...