Saturday, July 7, 2012

Color Our Nest

We've been in our new nest four months.  In reading about my personality type 
[see earlier post ] it said my type has a need for order and beauty in the home.  
It might help explain my tendency to constantly "nest". 

Because paint colors make me drool, I thought I'd share the colors of our new nest.  Yes, I have painted.  This palette is much lighter and cooler than our previous homes.  I tend toward a love of brown and earthy colors and was quite obsessed with "sandy brown" for a decade.  This nest is "cozier" than our last and so I was thinking lighter and brighter...and different.  
 
Stonington Gray [Benjamin Moore]= living room and bedroom.
Hawthorne Yellow [BM]= kitchen.  Soft Fern [BM]= master bedroom.
Silk Sheets [Behr]= girls' bedroom.  Chocolate Froth [Behr]= bathroom.


I've still had thoughts about the sandy brown color.  Maybe it would be a good choice for the basement.  'Course first we would need to remove the dark paneling sheets and hang sheet rock.  We'll save that for another day. 

~Kate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...