Wednesday, July 25, 2012

local finds [farmers' market, airshow & ice cream]

We're still new to this town and finding things we like.  It's been a good season...


Last Saturday I discovered the local farmers' market.  Total love!  I know I'm a nerd- farmers' markets have the same affect on me that office supplies do...they make my heart beat fast.

Fresh produce and flowers, baked goods, handmade items, and locally roasted coffee.  I love the atmosphere.  I came across an elderly couple who were vendors.  They had their pickup truck backed right up to their stand.  Their display was quaint with vintage bushel baskets and handwritten signs.  I'm trying to remember if they were wearing overalls?  [I should have brought the camera.]

I did bring home flowers [$3 filled two large vases], onions, cilantro, and cucumbers.



The hubby and I also went with friends to the EAA Airventure OshKosh which prides itself in being "the world's greatest aviation celebration."  Now aviation is not really my "thing" but I definitely can appreciate over 10,000 airplanes in one place.  My husband and I liked the Warbirds Exhibit.  The actual airshow performances were definitely the highlight especially when groups of planes flew in formations.  Walking around in the sun, in 100 degree heat, was the low point.

 [picture captured with my husband's phone]

Which reminds me, we found another new favorite...a great ice cream shop!  Talk about priorities.  Don't we all need to know where to find the best ice cream?  Although I must say, I've also been buying a good amount from the grocery store.  What is your favorite flavor?  Brand?  I need to run to the store for more soon.

 via


Loving summer,

~Kate 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...