Thursday, October 25, 2012

2 Months In: Clothing Fast

Two months in on my year long fast from buying new clothes.   

Good thing I gave myself the exception of buying new underwear and socks.  I'm wondering if after the year I will have the best sock & underwear collection ever.

There are things I didn't consider when I set my goal.  Like, what if I gain weight?  It might finally be happening.  This is a good thing.  For me, as long as I can remember, I've been in pursuit of curves. Remember the jeans I mentioned having here?  I've cut two from the line-up.  The first pair were creating the dreaded "muffin top" which is never a good look.  Either I'm not as slim as I think or I'm not as toned.  Or something.  The second pair ripped.  No worries, I've still got 5 pairs of jeans left.  

I've purchased two things second hand which doesn't break any of my "rules" since I'm not consuming I'm just bringing home items already in circulation.  Rescuing them, really, and giving them a second chance and the love they need.  
  • A 100% cotton button up shirt for $3.99.  
  • A long, light brown cotton & cashmere cardigan for $4.99.   It's perfect for fall and, because it's long, it could help if any of my other jeans start looking a bit too "J-Lo".


It's going well.  I can do this.  Ten months left.  

3 comments:

Farm-Raised said...

You're doing great! Love the updates!

Unknown said...

Love the idea of a clothes fast with the rule yet you can, as you said, rescue clothes from thrift stores.

{I actually came to your blog because you had followed me on Pinterest, then I followed you back after looking at your pinboards and feeling like we have similiar tastes. Does that make me a stalker? Hope not! LOL!}

Kate said...

Alana,
I followed your Pinterest pinboards first so I guess then I would be the stalker. And, yes, I think we have similar tastes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...