Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Intensive Care

If it's a little quiet on my blog, it's because I've been at a loss on what to post.  I could post about how I love my dad's black bean salsa recipe or show you my most recent thrift find but my head's not in it.  I could tell you I was offered the part time job and I ended up saying no. 

Four weeks ago life brought a shock and I'm still shaking.  It's as if I saw a car wreck up close.  I wasn't in the accident but it impacts me.  Emotionally speaking, there are people in intensive care.  It's just too much.  

I can't write about it and I also need to think about something else.  Not to diminish the gravity of the situation but to release the burden and continue on.

I'm good.  Looking to God.  Doing the next thing.  Asking Him to help.  Hopeful.  

I remember being in an emotional intensive care in my own life.  The pain so great I wondered how it would ever heal.  During that time, 13 years ago, a wise and kind friend told me that I wouldn't be in the intensive care forever.  She said, I would slowly heal.  I'd move to my own room in the hospital.  In time, I'd gain strength and the pain would lessen.  Eventually, I would start physical therapy.  Then there would come a day when I would be released from the hospital and I would go home.  The word picture really grabbed me.  

It came true.  I am home.  Celebrating God's work in my life and so overwhelmingly thankful for the beauty, healing, and genuine life He brings.  

Life is all around me and I don't want to miss it.  Last week we had teacher-parent conferences and Jude's kindergarten teacher said he has a wonderful imagination.  It's so true.  He brought these two creations of his home today from school.  Left=crab. Right=giraffe.  I'm one proud mama.  



Now that I've written this, next, I may be able to write about my insanity with my clothing fast, the salsa recipe, or how attractive my husband is when he is reading books.  Or maybe something entirely different like my daughter's "human growth and development" class.  Yep.  


Linking up with Just Write.

2 comments:

J-Tony said...

Hang in there. I hope things get better for you soon.

Kate said...

Thanks for the comment and encouragement.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...