Sunday, August 12, 2012

Randoms

My random occurrences and thoughts from the past week [ish]:

Jude got stung by a bee for the first time.  I pulled the stinger out with a tweezer.  By this time he was breaking out in a rash.  His shoulders and upper back had large clusters of red.  He was crying and my husband was giving him Benadryl.  Called the clinic.  First, the nurse wanted to know if he was breathing ok.  She said the reaction is fairly immediate so now that 15+ minutes had passed the worst was over and he should be fine.  He was showing a large local reaction but not a severe allergic reaction.  Good to know.  

On the potty training front and Addie.  I'm scared to take her diaper off.  She had a great first day with success [x3].  She is happy about the experiences and says she has to "go potty" nearly non-stop.  She is very motivated by getting gummy bears.  Day 2 she pooped on the bathroom floor about six inches from the potty chair.  Day 3 she pooped on the bathroom floor about six inches from the potty chair.  At the time, I didn't think it was that funny.  As I was down on my hands and knees cleaning this up, she says to me "Good job, Mom!"


I miss our old home.  The house, yes, but the people the most.  Maybe at first it was easier because of the initial effort it takes to move and the excitement of new things.  It is exciting.  It's good and it's right but it's still hard.  Today's message in church was about connecting in community and the support we should be for each other.  Yes, it's so true and our ten years in MN were a real example of this.  We experienced true friendships, and "family", in our church.  I don't know how long it will take for the new to become home.  I'm trying.  I like it here.  We have budding new friendships.  Yet, I'm grieving the loss of friends and life there. 

Our last "party" at the old [previous] house...as we celebrated Jude's 5th birthday.


I have found my new hair stylist [it has taken me a while to find a new someone who "gets" me].  She is one of those people who is happy on the inside and it comes out in a natural way.  She gave me a great cut which is the whole point!  The atmosphere....smelled divine.  She also told me she thought I was in my 20s, so if the previous reasons didn't win me over she had me with that one. 

~Kate 

1 comment:

angie leverence said...

Your house is lovely Kate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...