Sunday, August 5, 2012

Oasis

What do you think of when you hear the word oasis?  

The Mr. and I were in a small group at church and the facilitator asked...
"Is your home an oasis?" 


I smiled and I may have laughed.  Images of our home and life with our children [9, 5, and 2 year old] flashed through my mind.  I'd use various words to describe our home but "oasis" doesn't come to mind.  


Life is messy [literally, get out the disinfectant, I'll spare you the details].  It's noisy.  It's moving fast.  [I tend to like quiet.]  Most of the time it feels like I'm not up for this.  


I want our home to be an oasis.  A place that "provides refuge, relief and pleasant change from what is difficult".


I hope in the midst of...


walking on Legos,
cleaning up my son's concoction of "hosta leaf soup" [from the bathroom sink],
treating rashes and bee stings,
wiping noses and booties,
wondering why the kids seem to destroy so many things,
reminding to be kind [don't hit and don't growl].  
And that's just the kids!


...[in the midst of] all this life, I hope our home is an oasis.  

I recently read this... "Peace: not the absence of noise, trouble or hard work but to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart."  


I love it.  I need it.  I also need a full night's sleep because tomorrow we're going to do it all again and our children will go, go, go....until they crash at the end of the day.  


Every night before I go to bed, I "tuck them in".  It's a sweet routine that reminds me how thankful I am for these three amazing children.

  

Jude's imagination never ends.  


Grace nurtures Addie and it is beautiful to see.  

Goodnight!

Kate 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...