Thursday, May 3, 2012

Road Trip- SOLO!

Whoah.  Just writing the title feels strange.  I'm off on a little road trip to Minnesota this weekend to see my sister and her sweet new baby who arrived last week!  I'm so excited to be the [favorite] auntie to her three little ones.  It will do my heart good to smooch on the kiddos and to see my sister who is such a beautiful mother.  I'm really proud of her.  She has become my best friend, the one I automatically call when I have something to share. 


Mothering has me spent this week.  I'm going to keep this post positive.  I'm going to keep this post positive. Then again, to write well you must tell the truth.  The truth?  The truth is we've been to the urgent care for skin adhesive for the climbing monkey.  Up at night with a feverish son.  Got medicine for a skin infection [note to self: do not ever google "skin rashes" images again.]  I won't mention who it's for to protect the privacy of the carrier.  Received treatment for a sinus infection.  One of the littles decided to turn off the fridge.  I realized it when the ice cubes were water. 

After days of debating which child I should take with on the trip...my husband said this afternoon that I need to go alone.  What an idea.  And so, it's been decided.  I'm off on a quiet ride with me.  I need to take better care of myself.  I'm not exactly sure how.  Last week, my husband suggested I go to a coffee shop, drink coffee and just sit.  I'm not sure I could. 

Do other mothers find it hard to leave their kids for a weekend?  No matter how wild our days sometimes feel, I love being with them.  Tonight before bed, I told Addie "I'm gonna miss you like crazy" and she said "Of course".  I love being a mama.  I want to take care of them.  Maybe the best way to do that this time is to take four days away.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

~Kate

2 comments:

Farm-Raised said...

I always struggle with some anxiety and mixed emotions before I go away by myself. But I always find that taking in new scenery and being around new people that I love leaves me feeling so refreshed that I am undoubtedly a better mother/wife/human when I return. Have a wonderful time!!!

Kate said...

So true! It's good to be refreshed. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...