Thursday, May 17, 2012

Embrace the Camera

For Mother's Day I told my husband I wanted one thing...a picture of me with the kids. 
 Simple.  

And here is my [Mother's Day 2012] picture:


When the camera started clicking...it was all a little forced.  "Smile, kids!"  
Addis kept getting up and walking away.  

Life.  Lots of wiggling. Touching.  Noise.  
You never know what might happen next. 


Yet, this stage we're living [as five imperfect people] overwhelms with its beauty.  Jude [age 5] told me this and I wrote it in my [don't forget this & keep life organized] notebook:
  
"Mom, you make my heart bigger.  No one can ever get past that love."  

Well said, son.  I know what you mean.  I feel exactly the same way.

~Kate

Linking up with

3 comments:

Cathy said...

It''s a challenge to get a picture of all the kids at once. Ryan tried to get one of me with all three of us, but we weren't successful :)

pianogirl said...

Oh Kate...I asked for the same thing! And our attempts were not that much different and I have teenagers! Pictures may not get easier, but the wiggling gets slower, problems a little bigger and our reliance on God's guidance heavier! Embrace the moments while you have them, as you are!

Mariah said...

What a sweet little guy! "You make my heart bigger". That just makes me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...