Monday, December 10, 2012

I'm here

The camera came back unfixed and so it was sent away for repair again.  Life's undocumented but life is happening.

Jude lost his first tooth Thanksgiving weekend.  He also said he doesn't want to get his hair cut because he wants it to grow long and shaggy like the older boys at church.  So, he's rocking a new smile and increasingly shaggy hair.

My girl, Grace, turned 10.  She isn't a fan of chocolate so it was vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting on her birthday.  Most of which she brought to school to share with her class but I did manage to eat 4 cupcakes that day myself.  My pants are too tight and I'm quite happy about it.  I currently weigh the most I ever have in my LIFE (other than pregnancy)...it's happening.  We bought Grace her first pair of "high heel" shoes and she's been clicking around the house. I don't think they came off for 12 hours yesterday.


I've got Christmas on my mind.  I love the season, the music and special activities.  We've been talking about how to make it special, keep it simple and help our kids grow in thankfulness and generosity.  Our plan is to do our first Christmas countdown (advent) with a mixture of family activities, acts of kindness, and small treats.

Our Christmas tree is up.  I had this great, fun, young, idea of sleeping in the living room under the Christmas lights with my honey.  He was game and pulled out the pillows, sleeping bags and blankets and set it up.  We laid on the living room floor for two hours until I finally said...What are we doing?  We have a comfortable bed in our room!  So we packed it up and went to bed.  Forget about being young and fun.  Crazy.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad to hear from you! I was wondering where you had gone... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...