Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chance of Snow: 100%

Let it snow x3!

No school today.  I love snow days.  We're getting serious snow (maybe 9-12") and, looking out from my window, it's beautiful.  Our house feels warmer and cozier today.  The Christmas music is even more enjoyable.  My husband was out shoveling before I even woke up.  I was making the coffee, looking out the kitchen window and seeing him and Grace hard at work shoveling the driveway...made me happy.  Frosty was built before 9 am.  Snow forts this afternoon.  More shoveling still to come.  


The Christmas shopping is coming along but not done.  I am feeling no stress about it.  Although I did have a moment with the Mr. in Target.  He likes shopping more than I do.  He took the task of getting Legos so he went to store #1 in search of Legos.  Target was our #2 stop and he didn't seem to think they had "the" Legos.  I was losing it and said "You're killing me Smalls".  Not even sure what that means but it felt appropriate.  I think I said it after he suggested heading to store #3 for the Legos?  Grace has asked for cds and so I'm listening to music today.  What is good and lyrically appropriate for a 10 year old?  Found this "Top 10 Albums of 2012" list at Relevant Magazine.  I should keep my kids' wish lists.  They are telling and so them.  My favorite, from Jude's list, "a journal for a man". 

I didn't get my act together on Christmas cards or Christmas photos this year.  I'm trying not to feel guilty about it.  I love getting the cards in the mailbox.  I thought how I'd enjoy  writing a post on the topic of Christmas letters.  I think it was one of my brother-in-laws who suggested that someone should write more of the good, honest truth in their Christmas letter one year.  I don't think I can be the one.  Maybe you could?  

The truth is, even with all our crazy, awful unmentionables...this life is a beautiful one to be living.  I think I am learning to celebrate progress.  It is good.  

2 comments:

angie leverence said...

Beautiful snow pictures! We love you guys! Merry Christmas!

Kate said...

Happy New Year! Thank you for the Christmas card...it's on our fridge. :) Hope to see you this year...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...