Wednesday, March 13, 2013

pass the dramamine

I've been blogging for over a year.  I had a few reasons for starting to blog.  First, I love to write.  I thought it would be a good outlet for me especially after our move.  It was a way for me to reach out beyond my introverted ways and hopefully connect.  I hoped it would be a way for me to document our life, encourage me to take pictures, and help me to remember life's moments.  I also hoped it would be enjoyable for others to read and that they would find it encouraging rather than full of endless photos of my kids.  

Yesterday was a day to document in our lives.  The Mr. and I had a date on the calendar five days in advance. This was not an ordinary day.  It was time for a conversation to take place.  And so it did.  

We drove to Milwaukee and had dinner at a restaurant [Swig] in the historical district, the Third Ward.  Dinner out is a big deal for us.  We've increased our dating average since our move, so progress is good, but as far as a real legitimate dinner date [not including shopping dates, going out with friends or attending church events] I think we're at about 3 times a year.  

Last night was one of our real dates.  You know, a look me in the eyes, eat delish food, and talk and laugh together.  It felt good.  

We talked about our future.  It has been quite a [no one word could describe it] time.  A "You've got to be kidding, God"  kind of year.  It seems He isn't kidding but He does have a great sense of humor.  I'm not sure if irony is the right word choice but I think it's close to ironic.  The great thing to me is this....I don't know how it is going to work out, yet there is good in the process. We can grow in the waiting.  God has good things in store for us whatever the outcome.  God is good.  Maybe in the growing pains, waiting, and trusting, we see with more clarity how very good He is.  

I'm scared.  But I believe God is calling me to faith and courage.  I can trust Him.  If I had allowed fear to talk me out of previous decisions we never would have had kids, taken new jobs, ministries, or moved, and we definitely wouldn't have adopted our youngest child.  I don't know how it's going to turn out.  I don't control the outcome.  But I'm asked to take the leap of faith.  I've said it many times...having children felt like jumping off a cliff to me...jumping into the unknown.  Some decisions feel like boarding an airplane.  I do not like flying...at all.  But I'm glad I've gotten on the airplane...or I would have missed adventures [like Africa].  It's time to board the airplane. [Pass the dramamine].

So, here I am documenting the latest chapter in our journey.  My February 22 devos read:  "Wait.  It is not for you to know.  All you are told is to wait and see what God does.  All of His work is done on His initiative and He takes time to prepare us for it." 

On January 22 I read this verse, "That clinches it- help's coming, an answer's on the way, everything's going to work out."  [Psalm 20:6, msg] and I wrote this.

I heard this song for the first time yesterday and it was the perfect song for my day.  



You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior
[x6]

I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...