Thursday, January 26, 2012

My Debut with Coupons

Last night you could have found me at the Pick 'n Save .  It's turning out to be an enjoyable Wednesday evening routine.  Me, the hubster and Addie.  I think you could almost call it a date with only one child in tow.  So, a few weeks back, a friend mentioned to me that Wednesday is "double coupon day".  I decided this would be the week for my debut.  

Step one, bring home Sunday paper.  Step two, snip, snip.  I only cut coupons for things we would normally buy.  I learned there are manufacturer's coupons and in-store coupons.  Who knew?  Everyone except me?  This week there was a Pick 'n Save flier so I had their coupons in addition to the manufacturer's coupons.  

An example of one of my purchases, TAZO herbal tea was on sale for $3.59.  I had a manufacturer's coupon for $1.00 off and with the doubling of the coupon I paid $1.59.  Sweet because I drink tea almost every day. Another, Azteca ultragrain tortillas on sale for $1.54, with doubled coupon only $.64.  We can hardly keep tortillas in the house, especially now that we've gone crazy 
for my dad's black bean salsa recipe. 
   
With very minimal effort and time (I only used the coupons in the Sunday paper and my store's discount card for the savings), my savings total was $34.11.  No kidding.  


I'm off to make a cup of tea.  

~Kate 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...