Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Magical Adventures with Mary Poppins




We are reading nearly every day.

Grace (age 9) and I are cruising through Mary Poppins .  She reads a page and then I do and then back to her.  She enjoys reading and reminds me we should read. 
The book is delightful and I smiled at this part: 
"Mr. Banks said to Mrs. Banks that she could have either a nice, clean, comfortable house or four children.  But not both, for he couldn't afford it." 

It's a little difficult to get Jude to sit for reading.  Jude (age 5) is a boy in motion.  
He does not walk through the house instead he hops, spins, rolls, skips 
("it's not running, mom") and in the midst of all the movement he is swinging his imaginary light saber.  I tell him he really will like the books and after we're done he usually tells me, sounding surprised, that I do pick out good books.  
His faves this week were Cyrus the Unsinkable Sea Serpent and The House that Jack Built.

Addie (age 1) loves repetition.  This week it's The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss which is progress because we were stuck on The Eye Book for months.

~Kate

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...